Dear Family and Friends of Lincoln Christian Church,
We have good news! Our leadership team feels it is time to regather and return to on-campus worship services. I am happy to announce August 9 will be our first Sunday back in our facilities. Be prepared, church will not look like what it did the last time we were together. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, things will feel and be a little different.
Our step 1 will be on-campus families worshiping together; no Sunday morning on-campus children’s ministries, student ministries, Sunday Schools, and no choir ministries at first (online ministries will continue). We will add these back in future steps. We will get there, but please be patient with our timing.
Due to the current circumstances, our desire is to minimize risk
as much as possible, and our hope is that services will minister a sweet spirit
to all who attend. We ask for your compliance to the following:
- Masks will be mandatory. We want attendees to feel more protected, to follow CDC recommendations, and to take precautions for others. It is also important not to confuse our young people. When they return to school, masks will be mandatory. We help them by following the same rules.
- Social distancing is mandatory (no handshakes, hugs, or close contact).
- Stop at hand sanitizer stations when entering and exiting.
- Seating rotations will take place between services.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of commonly used surfaces will take place between services.
- The coffee bar will be closed at first.
- Family room seating will be closed at first.
- If a large wave of virus hits us, we may return to online services only.
Service Times adjusted:
- We will be offering four service times (*8:00am Fellowship Center, 8:15am Sanctuary, 9:30am and 11:00am Fellowship Center) in order to achieve proper social distancing in our facilities (*note new 8:00am time in Fellowship Center).
- We will continue to be online for people who are not ready to return.
- Services will be slightly abbreviated and less than an hour long.
- We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper with prepackaged communion.
- Offering boxes are located at the front and back of the worship area instead of passing a plate.
- No bulletins will be printed for a while.
Please know that if you’re not ready to return to on-campus services, it’s okay. You’re still an important part of our church. Take all the time you need to return and stay with us online as long as you need.
We seek your prayers and patience as we navigate the ever-changing waters in which we are all swimming. We will continue to evaluate the situation and will make adjustments as needed.